Home and Garden Show
May 20 and 21, 2017
The Grays Harbor Home and Garden Show will fill the Pavilion at the Grays Harbor County Fairgrounds with plants, garden accessories, home goods, services, and inspiration. The show is hosted by the WSU Master Gardeners of Grays Harbor and Pacific Counties and will be open Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Parking and admission are free! Bring your friends and family for activities, goods and services for all.
The garden side of the show will be overflowing with vegetable starts, orchard trees, and ornamental and native plants from local Pacific Northwest nurseries. The Master Gardener Store will supply you with books, planter boxes, color pots and more. On the home side, find vendors offering house and hardscape services from woodworking to energy systems to pond design.
This year two guest speakers will share their knowledge! On Saturday, Sam Benowitz, of Raintree Nursery, will talk on “Proven Tree Fruit and Berry Varieties for Our Maritime Climate,” followed by a grafting demonstration. On Sunday, the legendary Ciscoe Morris will share his “Favorite Plants for Late Spring,” with additional growing tips and a Q&A. These keynote presentations will be at 1:00 p.m. each day.
Master Gardeners will be available to answer gardening questions at the Plant Clinic table, and they will give several short how-to presentations throughout both days. As you peruse the show, pick up some treats from the refreshments table, stop by the children’s booth with the kids, and take a few minutes outside to tour the Master Gardener Demonstration Garden.
Master Gardener Presentations
Saturday, May 20
10:00 – Herbs: Small Plant, Big Impact
10:30 – Tips on Growing Squash
11:30 – Permaculture
4:00 – Mason Bees in Your Garden
Sunday, May 21
10:30 – Using Pesticides
11:30 – Pollinators
Requests for reasonable accommodation need to be made two weeks prior to the program. Please make all requests to WSU Extension 360-482-2934. Cooperating agencies: Washington State University, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and Grays Harbor County. Extension programs and employment are available to all without discrimination. Evidence of noncompliance may be reported through your local Extension office.
More About the Master Gardeners of Grays Harbor and Pacific Counties
The WSU Master Gardeners of Grays Harbor and Pacific Counties are volunteers trained to be effective community educators in gardening and environmental stewardship. Master Gardeners provide information generated from research at WSU and other university systems. In addition to areas listed below, visit our above menu to obtain more gardening information.
Master Gardener Events
- Master Gardener Training is offered every other year. The 2016 training is underway now. The next Master Gardener Training will be held in 2018.
- Annual Garden Tour provides tours of private gardens in our local area.
- Home and Garden Show Our WSU Master Gardener annual spring one-stop gardening education and shopping event. You’ll find how-to gardening seminars and the region’s best gardening, gifts, and home-remodeling ideas and services, all under one roof.
- Plant Clinics provide information to the general public and assists in finding research based solutions to individual gardening problems.
- Upcoming Events provides dates, locations and additional information about clinics, workshops and programs open to the public.
- Grays Harbor County Demonstration Garden
- Pacific County Demonstration Garden
- Master Gardener Speakers Bureau
Our gardens are open daily and our speakers’ bureau is available upon request.
Ask a Master Gardener
Email us your questions. You may email your gardening questions directly to the local Master Gardeners.
If you wish to ask your question in person, visit one of our Plant Clinics.